Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 82: Beef Rice Noodle in Peanut Sauce...


The night had come faster than I had noticed.  Absorbed with work, it was my growling stomach that told me of the late hour.  Alas, I had not gone to the grocer store, and I was short on ingredients.

What to do?

I improvised.  I took what I had and did my best.

It’s an old saying that, “Art thrives on restrictions,” and I found that to be so true here.  Without the normal ingredients I would use for a stir fry, I managed to make one of my favourite dishes to date!

Enjoy...


2 comments:

Sue Marsden said...

This sounds divine!! I'm so looking forward to trying this recipe Keith. You always 'wow' me with your noodle dishes, and this one sounds great! Thanks for sharing.
Cheers!
Suzanne.

Keith Savage said...

Glad you like it! I made a couple of fantastic stir-fries (the first of which you've seen, and the next is yet to come), and they all came about while I was short on ingredients!

AND... they're insanely fast to cook.